A Workshop of Connection
through Creativity, Dance, and Intuition
To answer my plea for guidance Maman Brigitte came to me in the night and whispered, “Dance my daughter, dance with me. Make enough noise to wake the ancestors, they will guide you on this journey.”
Friday, November 2nd, 10am to 4pm
Creative Juices Arts Studio, near Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA
Intimate – limited to 8 participants. Click here to register.
(Read on to learn more about this special daylong workshop.)
We believe that our ancestors, our grandmothers for many generations before, were guided by the wisdom of the land and danced under the full moon. They worshipped the Divine feminine in the natural world, in themselves, and in their sisters. We all have common ancestors in this human family and many of us yearn for the ancient wisdom our foremothers knew. We are called to circle with women to connect with this collective primal knowledge and ancestral perspective with joyful play. We believe this is needed now so that we can move powerfully and purposefully forward on our journeys in the here and now.
Join us as we gather, ground, and celebrate this wisdom. Through connection and creative play we are empowered to move back into our world.
Lisa Louise and Monica invite you to a day of creativity, intuition, and connection with ancestral wisdom. We are holding it on November 2, 2018 — All Souls’ Day — a perfect day for opening up to this guidance. We will create an altar to honor the ancestors, play with tarot and oracle cards to open our intuition and connect with ancestral wisdom, and create an accordion book to ground this wisdom while bringing play and color into our practice. And we will DANCE – joyful movement and noise-making in the spirit of celebrating those who have gone before us.
We are thrilled to be able to offer this workshop in the Creative Juices Art Studio near Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA. This is a space that has been imbued with creative divine feminine energy that you can feel when you enter. We are pleased to offer a wonderful lunch by Stella Allison. Her meals are delicious, nurturing, and supportive of the circle of sisterhood we create.
The only prerequisite for this workshop is a desire to connect with others in a sacred space and a willingness to try something new. This workshop is a safe container to open intuitively to ancestral guidance. No prior knowledge of ancestry is needed, no experience making art is required — if you feel called to be a part of this special daylong deep dive into the birthright of divine feminine wisdom then we welcome you!
Click here to register for the Ancestral Wisdom Workshop, November 2, 2018 in Oakland, CA! Workshop will be held from 10am to 4pm, located off Grand Avenue near Lake Merritt. Price: $125
What you will receive on this day of connection, intuition, creativity and sisterhood:
- An intimate group of women (limited to 8 participants) and two experienced guides (see our bios below) who will meet you where you are and create a loving and safe container for our day.
- The sacred and deep experience of creating a communal altar to ground our intentions and begin our connection with ancestor wisdom.
- The opportunity to work with multiple gorgeous tarot and oracle decks to help you access the ancestral knowledge available to you. Monica will help you connect with your own intuition and share her vast knowledge of the deeper meanings of the cards.
- All the materials and sacred play instruction from Lisa Louise that you need to create an accordion book that you can fill with collage, paint, and print.
- Dancing with each other and ourselves in celebration and honoring of our sacred circle.
- A delicious, abundant gourmet catered meal which can be gluten-free and vegan friendly.
- A day of beauty, sisterhood, creativity, and honoring that will help to ground, center, and rejuvenate your spirit.
About your guides:
Lisa Louise Adams is a visual artist and art educator living in the beautiful rainforest of Volcano, Hawaii. She enjoys creating and teaching in a variety of media from paintings, prints, and poetry to books, pottery, and quilts. Her specialty is Sacred Play – fun and easy art for people from Kindergarten through adult. In California she is known as the beloved art teacher at Spirit Rock Family Retreat.
Monica Garcia is a Divine Guide helping women connect with their own divine knowing. She is also a certified expressive arts teacher and leads workshops on intuition and creativity. Monica has a special love for and skill with tarot and oracle cards, guiding women in connecting with their own intuitive understanding as well as the more traditional meanings of the cards.
Lisa Louise and Monica are excited to combine their unique and complimentary skills in this deep offering from their hearts. How fabulous that their deep love and friendship has manifested into this special workshop.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I’m not really connected with my family of origin, how will this ancestor thing work for me? We will be connecting in with the wisdom of our collective ancestry. The wisdom you specifically receive may be from a lineage, a culture, or a specific ancestor from hundreds of years ago. No connection with specific family members is needed.
- I’m not an artist and I’ve never made a book. Is this workshop appropriate for me? Yes! Lisa Louise even teaches kindergarteners. All women with any or no art experience are welcome.
- Why is the workshop on a Friday? I have to work. We understand that the timing can be challenging for some. We chose November 2 because it is All Soul’s Day, the traditional Day of the Dead. Between October 31st and November 2nd the veils are thin between the living and the dead, it is an auspicious day to do this work. We really encourage you to come on Friday, and then give yourself extra time over the weekend to ground and integrate what you have discovered.
- I have some dietary restrictions–how will that work with the catered lunch? Stella Allison is skilled at accommodating many dietary restrictions, and she easily provides delicious meals for those who are vegan and gluten-free.
Have other questions you would like to ask Monica and Lisa Louise before registering? Click here, we’d love to help!
Details you need to know:
- When: Friday, November 2, 2018 from 10am to 4pm
- Where: Creative Juices Arts Studio, near Lake Merritt in Oakland
- Size: Limited to 8 participants!
- Price: $125
Cancellation Policy – PLEASE READ: Because this is a small and intimate workshop, and we need to arrange catering ahead of time, unless we fill your spot from the waitlist, no refunds will be issued if you need to cancel. If you do need to cancel and are not eligible for a refund, you are welcome to offer your spot to a woman you think would love to attend as a gift to her.